Ionic Air Purifier with Electrostatic Metal Filter HF 210UV
Effective, safe, silent, affordable and no filters to replace!
The cost of a good air purification system does not have to be expensive to be effective. Heaven Fresh offers a perfect solution with its HF210UV air purifier. It is reasonably priced, inexpensive to operate and has low ongoing maintenance costs. The HF210UV comes from a line of innovative products designed to provide a healthy environment for you and your family.
No Filters to Replace. Proven to be Safe & Effective.
ust wipe clean the metal collector plates when dirty. You'll be amazed by how much is removed from the air! (Right)
Most Effective Way to Destroy Harmful Micro-Organisms. No air purification technology is more effective than a germicidal UV lamp when it comes to destroying germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (such as mold), which can lead to illness.
Circulates air-cleaning negative ions. Found by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture to be 99% effective against airborne dust & particles
Proven Performance - Nearly 100% Effective in Clinical Particle Removal Tests.
Achieved a 99.5% removal rate of particles in a large chamber. This is not just hype, as test results are patter00ned closely after real-world conditions.
No Replacement Costs. Just wipe off the metal collector grid. Saves you hundreds in replacement filters over the life of the unit.
The built-in, independently-controlled fan effectively moves the air, increasing air-cleaning efficiency.
Costs Just Pennies a Day to Operate. Uses less electricity than a light bulb, saving you hundreds more over the life of the unit, compared to most air purifiers.
Whisper Quiet. The HF-210 is quiet, especially if the fan is turned "off".
- Safe and effective: The unit produces 60 Million ions per cm3 and removes pollutants as small as 0.01 microns.
- Advanced air-cleaning capacity: The electrostatically-charged dust-collection plates magnetically trap pollutants.
- Germicidal UV Light: Destroys micro-organisms such as germs, viruses and bacteria and helps create a healthier environment.
- Independently controlled booster fan: Turned on during the day to increase distribution of ions and to turn off at night for silent operation.
- Voltage & Power consumption: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz Adapter & 8 Watts
- Coverage area: The unit covers up to 500 ft² (46 m²)
- Dimensions: L: 13.8" (35 cm) x W: 8.6" (21.8 cm) x H: 5.0" (12.7 cm)
1. Germicidal UV Lamp.
The air first sweeps past the germicidal ultraviolet light after entering the air inlet. The UV light is lethal against harmful, airborne micro-organisms such as germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi (such as mycotoxins from mold).
2. Collects Particles & Pollutants.
Airborne particles and pollutants are magnetically attracted to the metal dust collection plates, like a magnet. The built in fan, along with the electronic breeze, draw pollutants through the unit and its magnetically-charged plates. Then, you simply wipe the plates clean periodically, removing them from the environment. When the metal dust collection plates become full of particulate and residue, simply wipe them off with a damp cloth. Then, dry the plates and reinsert. It's that easy. The amount of contamination collected by the rag will give you and idea of how much airborne pollution is being removed. You Can Really See the Difference! Simply wipe the plates clean whenever
Particles & pollutants being drawn over the electrostatically-charged plates
Trillions of air-cleaning ions are dispersed through the air outlet.
Negative ions travel throughout the room, attacking and neutralizing airborne pollutants.
- Front Grill
- Power On/Off Button
- Power Indicator (Red Light)
- Control Indicator - High (Green Light)
- Control Indicator - Low (Yellow Light)
- Low/High Adjusting Switch
- Dust-Collection Plates
- Removable Back Grill
- Independent Control for Fan
- DC Power Socket
- Germicidal UV Lamp
Strange smell from the unit
The HF 210UV produces ozone only as a byproduct of the needlepoint ionization, creating only moderate and safe levels. Depending on the size of the room, and the ventilation, it will produce about 0.015 to 0.04 ppm (parts per million) of ozone, which is well within FDA and OSHA standards.
The best way to remedy a strong ozone smell is to somehow increase air flow near or around the unit, or place it in a more open area, where there is a better air current. Examples can include turning on a ceiling fan, temporarily opening a window, and opening the door to the room. It may become necessary to run the unit on low, since the space may be small enough that it does not require the continuous use of the unit.
Cannot turn on the unit
When removing the collector plates or the back panel for periodic cleaning, please note that they must be returned to the unit in exactly the same position for a flush fit. Reversing the position will result in an incomplete closure and the unit will not function properly.
Unit is making a zapping or hissing noise
This is simply a sign that the dust collection plate and the ionizer needlepoints need to be wiped off. The zapping sound is just a result of a significant amount of dust build-up on the collection plate, which results in a static charge between the dust on the collector, and one of the ion-producing electrodes.
1- Cleaning the Dust Collection Plates
The dust collection plates should be cleaned about every 20-30 days, or when covered with dirt and residue. Cleaning the dust collection plates is very simple. First, twist the knob on the right hand side of the air purifier and pull the plates out. Second, wipe the plates off with a damp cloth. If there is difficult-to-remove residue on the plate, you should use a mild household cleaner, such as detergent, to help remove it. Third, dry the plates. Fourth, reinsert the plates back into the air purifier. Twist the handle to lock them in place and so that the unit will operate again. Please refer to the lock and unlock symbols on the handle of dust collection plate.
Note: When removing the collector plates for periodic cleaning, please note that it must be returned to the unit in exactly the same position for a flush fit. Reversing the position will result in an incomplete closure and the unit will not function properly.
2- Maintenance of the Negative Ion-Producing Electrodes (Needlepoints)
Periodically, enough dust and particulate will accumulate on the tips of each pin, potentially weakening the performance of the air purifier. Every 2-3 months or if the HF 210UV starts making a loud hissing sound, zapping sound, or seems to be "sputtering", follow the instructions below to clean off the tips of each pin.
2.1- Light dust coverage cleaning:
There are two flexible scraping pads at the end of dust collection plate. When you unlock and pull out the dust-collection plates, these two scrapers will brush against the ends of each pin, removing the dust and particulate. Repeat this process multiple times as needed.
2.2- Heavy dust coverage cleaning:
Ionizer pins can also be cleaned thoroughly by removing the back panel which can be removed by pressing gently at the two arrow points and pulling in outward direction. The Stainless Steel bar with the ionizer pins in the front can be cleaned by using a brush preferably dipped in rubbing alcohol.
Note: When removing the back panel for periodic cleaning, please note that it must be returned to the unit in exactly the same position for a flush fit. Reversing the position will result in an incomplete closure and the unit will not function properly.
3- Cleaning the front grill
If the front grill has collected enough dust, the unit can generate sparks. The situation like this arises when Negative Ions generated by the needlepoints gets blocked by the dust collected on the front grill. To avoid this kind of situation, make sure the front grill has no visible sign of dust particles. If there is dust, then use a cleaning brush or a vacuum cleaner and remove the dust.
4- Replacing the UV Bulb
- Turn the unit off and open the back cover.
- Remove the expired UV lamp and replace it with the new UV lamp. Handle the UV lamp on each end in order to avoid breaking the lamp.
- Press the lamp into the UV lamp slot, so that the metal pins at each end of the UV bulb are firmly in contact with the metal conductors inside each clamp.
- Put the back cover back on. The air purifier is now ready for operation again.
5- Cleaning the Interior of the Purifier
After removing the back panel, Interior can also be cleaned by using a duster or a blower. Dust particles could also accumulate near the fan and if not regularly cleaned, could cause unit to malfunction. Use brush or blower to remove dust around the fan.
- UV Wavelength: UV-C, the short, germicidal range of the UV wavelength that is effective at destroying the DNA cell of microorganisms.
- Nanometer Frequency: 254 nm, the ideal frequency for destroying DNA cells of microorganisms.
- UV Lamp Life: 10,000 hours (over a year)
- Square Footage Covered: Up to 500 sq. ft.
- Power Consumption: 8 watts
- Dimensions (inches): 5" H x 13.75" W x 8.66" D
- Weight: 3.1 lbs.
- Enclosure: Environmentally safe Corrosion-Resistant ABS plastic
- Fan Speed: 15 cfm
- Negative Ion Output: 60,000,000 ions per cubic cm.
- Guarantee: 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Warranty: 3-year parts and labor
- Replacement: 90-Day Replacement Policy.
- Maintenance: Easy-to-remove dust collection plate should be wiped off every 2-4 weeks, needlepoints every 1-3 months, and interior should be cleaned every 3-6 months.