NaturoPure™ Air Purifiers
NaturoPure™ Multi Technology HEPA & Ionic Air Purifier HF 280
How the Multi-Tech 280 Purifies the Air:
- Washable Pre Filter. The air first enters pre filter, capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
- Washable Dust Collector Plates. The electrostatically-charged dust collector grid traps particles and pollutants like a magnet
- Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
- High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mold) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
- Safe and Effective Ionizer.Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the Multi-Tech's ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever.
- Multiple technologies to remove nearly all types of pollutants, yet very low replacement costs.
- Effectively Removes: dust, allergens, mold, micro-organisms, cigarette smoke, odors, chemicals, bacteria and much more, thanks to the combination of several air-cleaning technologies.
- Negative Ion Output: > 1,000,000/cm³
- Voltage: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 45 Watts (Highest Fan Setting)
- UV Wavelength: 254 nm (germicidal wavelength)
- Sound Level (dB): Low (25), Medium (35), High (45)
- Air Volume: 71cfm (Highest Fan Setting)
- HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Dimensions (in): 11.8 x 7.6 x 12.4
- Weight (lbs): 7.25
- Applicable Area: Up to 400 sq. ft.
- Ozone Output: Less than 1.3 part per billion at 2" away from unit (UL standard is <50ppb)
- Dust/Dust Mites. The Hepa air filter in the Intelli-Pro is highly effective at capturing solid particles such as dust and dust mites. According to the Journal of Hygiene, ionizers help to increase the efficiency of filters, by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Plus, negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air you breathe, and have been found to be extremely effective at controlling dust by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture studies. UV light can be deadly for dust mites.
- Bacteria. Many bacteria are effectively captured by the Hepa air filter, as well as the anti-bacterial pre-filter (which also disinfects bacteria). The germicidal UV lamp serves to disinfect the bacteria trapped by the Hepa filter. Plus, according to studies by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, ionizers/negative ions are extremely effective at reducing airborne bacteria. The Intelli-Pro also includes a photocatalytic oxidation filter, which has proven to be effective at destroying bacteria.
- Pollen and Other Allergens. Hepa air filters are commonly recommended filter for allergens, and are generally considered the most effective filter for allergens. Ionizers/negative ions increase the efficiency of filters by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Plus, negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air you breathe.
- Mold/Fungi. Mold spores are effectively captured by Hepa air filters, especially with the help of ionizers/negative ions. UV light is deadly against the microbiological toxins associated with mold. The activatedcarbon filtration and photocatalytic oxidation technologies used by the Intelli-Pro are effective against mildew smells.
- Cigarette Smoke. The carbon air filter in the Intelli-Pro absorbs smoke particles and the toxic chemicals associated with cigarette smoke. With the help of the photocatalytic oxidation filter, it also helps to reduce or eliminate odors from cigarette smoke. The ionizer/negative ions also remove smoke particles from air.
- Chemicals and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). The carbon air filter is very effective at absorbing chemicals and gases. Also, photocatalytic oxidation has proven to be effective at breaking up chemical compounds. Furthermore, the ionizer also helps to neutralize chemical fumes.
- Germs/Viruses. The UV light is deadly against micro-organisms such as germs/viruses, and highly effective at destroying them as they pass by the UV lamp. Negative ions have also been known to help to neutralize viruses.
- Odors. Both the photocatalytic oxidation filter and activated carbon air filter are effective at eliminating or reducing strong odors.
- Carbon Monoxide. A statistically significant decrease of CO values was found with an ionizer activated. This was discovered by researchers at Brompton Hospital in London, and published in European Respiratory Journal.
U.S. Government Recommendations
The U.S. Government recommends technologies used in the Intelli-Pro air purifier.
U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) recommends air purifier with both HEPA Filter and UV Light. The CDC also recommends UV lights in homeless shelters to prevent the spread of disease, particularly TB (tuberculosis).
Dept. of Homeland Security recommends HEPA air filters, along with a pre-filter to preserve the life of the HEPA filter.
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found negative ions (ionizers) to be highly effective against dust and bacteria in recent studies.
U.S. Department of Energy found that photocatalytic oxidation air purification destroyed VOC chemicals at a significant rate, even at high air flow rates.