Cordless Electric Glass Kettle HF 1110
- PRE-OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
- BEFORE FIRST USE
- OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
- AUTOMATIC SAFETY CUT-OFF
- CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- CLEANING THE FILTER
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Energy efficient than other stovetop kettle.
- Visually appealing looks with tinted light.
- Safely and automatically shuts off when it runs out of water.
- Durable and stain resistant high grade glass body Non-slip 360-degree swivel power base with power cable storage.
- The kettle is only to be used with the stand provided.
- Do not open the lid while the water is boiling.
- Do not leave the product unattended when in use.
- Always operate the product on a dry, level bench top surface, in a well-ventilated area, away from walls and flammable materials, etc. Avoid operating/ using the product on metal surface suck as sinks, etc.
Do not operate the product on an inclined surface; do not operate unless the element is fully immersed; do not move the product while it is switched ON. Failure to observe these cautions may result in injury and damage to the kettle.
BEFORE FIRST USE
Carefully unpack kettle making sure you keep all the packaging material until all parts of the appliance have been found and the appliance has been used. We recommend keeping all the packaging material in a safe place in case at any time you wish to repack the appliance for shipping purpose.
To remove any dust that may have accumulated during packing, simply wipe the exterior of the product with a clean soft, slightly dampened (not wet) cloth, and thoroughly dry. Do not use any abrasive cleaners as they may scratch the surface.
We recommend cleaning the inside of the kettle the first time it is used by filling to the MAX level with cold water and boiling twice. The boiled water should then be discarded. Rinse the kettle again with cold water before first use.
- Open the lid, fill the kettle with the desired amount of cold water (between the MAX and MIN marks), and close the lid.
- Plug the power cord into the wall outlet and then turn ON.
- Press the switch to start the kettle heating. The indicator light on the kettle will illuminate.
- When the water has boiled the kettle will automatically turn OFF. If required the water can be re-boiled by waiting a few seconds and pressing the switch again.
AUTOMATIC SAFETY CUT-OFF
An automatic safety is fitted to the kettle for protection against boil-dry overheating. It will operate if the kettle is switched ON when there is insufficient water inside the kettle (i.e. the kettle is not above the MIN marking). If this should occur, switch the kettle OFF and remove the power cord from the power outlet. Allow cooling for 10 minutes then refill with cold water and reconnect to the power outlet.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
- Make sure the product is turned OFF and DISCONNECTED from the power outlet. Let the product cool down before cleaning.
- Clean the exterior of the product by wiping with a slightly dampened (not wet) soft cloth. Remove stubborn spots with a cloth moistened (not wet) with sudsy water or mild, non- abrasive cleaner. Avoid the use of scouring pads, harsh detergents, solvents, polish, abrasive or aerosol cleaners as they may damage surfaces of the product. Dry with a clean, soft cloth before storage, or reconnecting to the power outlet.
From time to time, depending on the nature of your water supply, you may need to clean the inside of the kettle. This can be done in the following manner:
- Half fill the kettle with normal tap water.
- Add 30 ml of while vinegar to the water in the kettle.
- Boil the mixture and leave it for 1 to 2 minutes, then re-boil it once more.
NOTE: In extreme cases this process may need to be repeated.
IMPORTANT: Empty the mixture in kettle and thoroughly rinse several times before normal use.
WARNING: The use of descalers containing phosphoric acid, sulfamic acid, or their equivalents must not be used as they may damage your kettle.
CLEANING THE FILTER
The following steps are applicable only when the kettle is switched OFF, removed from the power outlet and the kettle including water are cool.
- Open the lid and lift the filter out from its location in the body of the product.
- Wash the filter in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Insert the filter back into the body making sure it is correctly located.
- AC 120V 60Hz (North America)
Over voltage may cause fire hazard or electric shock.
- Close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used by or near children.
- Do not allow children to play with any product packaging, such as plastic bags etc.
- Do not subject the device to direct sunlight or near high temperature objects.
Always attach plug to appliance first, then plug cord into the wall outlet. To disconnect, turn any control to “off”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
Do not let cord hang over edge or table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
- Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions or has been damaged in any manner.
- NEVER tilt, move, or attempt to empty unit while it is operating.
- DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void your warranty. All servicing should be performed by qualified personnel only.
Switch OFF and unplug from the power outlet when not in use. Allow cooling before cleaning.
- Do not operate dry.
- Do not overfill or the water may leak out during operation.
- Do not plug in the cord with wet hands.
- Household user only.
- Model: HF 1110
- Power Supply: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power: 1500W
- Capacity: 1.7 Litres
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 20 x 16 x 25 cm (7.8” x 6.3” x 9.8”)
- Weight: 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs.)